Pureco Silk Finish - Chiffon
Pureco Silk Finish is a beautiful water-based all in one paint, which self-levels and self-seals with its built-in topcoat. It has a beautiful low sheen satin finish that looks just like a freshly waxed piece. Ideal for furniture, decor or canvas this paint can be used on just about anything.
- Australian Made & Owned
- Eco Friendly
- No VOC
- Low Sheen Satin Finish - Stain Resistant
- 7-10 day cure time (environment dependent)
- Can be applied using a Brush, Roller or Spray Gun.
- Can be thinned up to 30% with water
- 30 minute to 1-hour dry time, re-coat 2 hours.
- Medium to High coverage - approximately: 200ml = 2-3 square meters, 600ml = 7-8 square meters
- Most colours only require 2-3 coats (please note some colours may require up to 5 coats to achieve full coverage)
- Compatible with the complete Pureco Range - always test prior to use in conjunction with products outside of the Pureco range.
PURECO HIGHLY RECOMMEND APPLYING 1 COAT OF PURECO BASE & BLOCKER PRIOR TO SILK FINISH TO ASSIST WITH ADHESION AND COVERAGE.
How to use:
Before beginning any other prep or painting ALWAYS clean your piece with HOT soapy water - we highly recommend you use PURECO LEMON MYRTLE CLEANER. This will ensure it is free from grease, oil, dirt, mould and old cleaning products, helping you produce a beautiful durable finish that is stable and will last the test of time and use.
Unpainted and previously painted surfaces: Gloss, laminate, or ultra-smooth (modern) surfaces scruff sand with 80grit sandpaper to give the surface tooth and apply one coat of PURECO BASE & BLOCKER to further help with adhesion.
High-Tannin Wood/Wood that bleeds: A primer may need to be used, as Pureco Chalk Finish is porous it is more likely to draw the tannins out resulting in bleeding through. We recommend you apply one coat of PURECO BASE & BLOCKER or spot treat any bleed as it occurs.
- Always STIR your paint well, and ensure the brush/roller or sprayer is clean and ready for use.
- Apply 2-4 coats, in most cases, 2-3 coats are all you need. Sanding between coats is completely optional to help smooth brush strokes, Pureco Silk Finish will self-level and will leave minimal brush marks/texture unless overworked. We recommend using a high-quality synthetic brush like our brushes (find them HERE)
- Pureco Silk Finish does NOT need to be sealed, however, one of Pureco's finishes may be applied if you desire a different finish/sheen: Pureco LIQUID WAX, HEMP FINISHING OIL, SEALERS or STAIN & GLAZE.
- PLEASE NOTE: Pureco Silk Finish is NOT compatible with Pureco Beeswax Polish.
ALL ORDERS ARE SHIPPED WITH FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS.
Sourced, mixed, poured & packaged in Newcastle, Australia, Pureco is Australian Owned & Made. Sourcing only the best Australian ingredients to create an amazing range of Eco-Friendly Certified, No VOC [Volatile Organic Compound], Cruelty-Free, Non-Toxic, Child Safe, Solvent Free, Water-Based products. Although Pureco may be new, Laurie has years of experience in the painting and finishing industry and brings us products that we know and love with her very own twist.
**PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR ARTISTS NAME/BUSINESS. WE THANK ALL CONTRIBUTORS FOR ALLOWING US TO SHOWCASE YOUR BEAUTIFUL WORK. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE YOUR WORK PLEASE EMAIL US email@example.com